Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Teaching Authors--Six Children's Book Authors Who Also Teach Writing

Teaching Authors--Six Children's Book Authors Who Also Teach Writing

Living Inside the Story
Posted by mary ann rodman

From the time I taught myself to read, I have been an obsessive reader. My mother used to joke that the first time she saw me without a book was at my wedding. (Little did she know that one of the things that worried me the most that day was knowing that I didn't have a "good book" to take on my honeymoon!)
As a child, I was an undiscriminating reader. I read in the book aisle at E.J. Korvette's while my parents shopped. I borrowed books from friends, relatives, the neighbors. I read newspapers left in busses and cabs. Cereal boxes. Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BOOKMARK

Bookmark and Share